17 and 14 and engaged

last night my babys daddy who is 14 proposed to me and i just wanted to know some of the ways your husbands proposed to you

jess_is_lost

Asked by jess_is_lost at 3:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• He bought me a diamond ring..with his own money..from his job. He proposed to me at this job actually when i was there visiting him.
    Anonymous

• What? you are 17 and he is 14......This is not sound like I am preaching but arnt both of you in school? 14 years old is young...............
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• oh geeze I see bashing..
    We just decided together to ge married. That was 10yrs ago. And I was young too.
    Anonymous

• My husband asked me at the church we ultimately got married in. My mom, dad and best friend were there and be got on his knees and asked me to marry him.

Answer by gemgem at 3:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yes but we are waiting to get married until he is 16 but please don't bash
    jess_is_lost

Answer by jess_is_lost at 3:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My son is 16 and his gf is 14, they have been together about 2 yrs. They want to get married but we told them its best to finish high school first and have some college under their belts so they can support themselves and not end up a statistic. Just some advice.
    Anonymous

• No bashing but oh dear please wait....
    at least until you are both over 20, have graduated and have a career... not just a job!
    Marriage is about bringing two people together, creating one life, it really helps to have a full life to give.
    MikkiB

Answer by MikkiB at 3:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No I am not bashing.... please please I am not bashing....... I am just visioning my daughter at 14 wanting to get married. That is all.. I am sorry if I came off strong.. Just a question. Apparently you thought  the age thing was important because you put both of your ages in the question... sorry

im sorry

JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think it's good that you're planning on waiting a couple of years, but in 2 yrs. when he's 16 you'll be 19 and (at least in this state) he would have to have his parents' consent....just something to think about. Even if the law is different or his parents would give consent there's nothing wrong with waiting. My husband and I waited 4 yrs. to get married. Oh, and he's not the most romantic he proposed in the kitchen, but at least he was on one knee.....and the ring was nice:)
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh its ok everyone! She's pregnant by him!
    Anonymous