Oh no! Not a Trump/Palin Ticket. :S

So I remember some people joking that a Trump/Palin ticket would be woefully entertaining (and pretty much guarantee an Obama win). Well, check this out.

Trump: Palin Wants Me 'Back' in the Race

Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 02:47 PM

Share:
More . . .
A    A   |
   Email Us   |
   Print   |
The Donald has spoken out about his Tuesday night pizza and politics summit with Sarah Palin.

She wants him to run for president.

Asked if the duo had talked about "teaming up" on Fox & Friends Wednesday, mogul Donald Trump said Palin "would love to get me back" in the race.

Trump said Palin's and his family had gathered at Trump Tower as part of Palin's national bus tour, and they decided on the spot to take everyone out for pizza.

Trump said he doesn't '"see the kind of toughness" that this country needs in the field of GOP 2012 contenders. "I'm not seeing what this country needs. I'm also not seeing someone who can get elected."

In short, he'll keep his options open.

Trump said he and Palin discussed a few issues, including China's economic practices on the world markets. "She told me 'no one made that point better than you,' " he said.

He gushed about Palin saying she had "a passion" for this country, and that he found she "really loves this country."

And he asked The Question. "I asked her frankly `Are you going to be running?' I’m not sure that she knows herself. I am not sure she has made up her mind.”

As for his stint in the 2012 race, he added "I had great poll numbers, but I had really a decision to make," Trump said. "I had NBC calling me every hour…it’s a very tough decision to make to be honest. If I’m not happy with what I see, I can very easily change my mind. I’m not happy with what I see, and I will make a determination sometime into the future, absolutely. There is no deadline. If I did it as an independent, I could do it very much better.”

Trump also had some tough talk for the GOP leadership, saying they seem to be setting themselved up to lose the next election.

“I am looking at the Republicans and I am seeing things – they have a death wish," Trump said. "Whether it’s the Ryan Plan – which is a death wish…why does he have to come out with a plan? He is a nice guy and all that stuff but that’s irrelevant. The fact is whether you agree with the plan or not, his timing was horrendous. You don’t come out with a plan, have all your friends vote on it and now half of those guys are going to lose their elections.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Trump: Palin Wants Me 'Back' in the Race
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

-Eilish-

Asked by -Eilish- at 6:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What's the question?
    Anonymous

• LOL! I saw that too- on GMA. It's LAUGHABLE! Those 2 just like the limelight- they are attention seeking mongers who will only see a white house if they pay someone to paint theirs that color!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What's the question?

Why do anons ask stupid questions?
    -Eilish-

Comment by -Eilish- (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• – collapse
    What a great team they will make !

Personalities with glamour, glitz and charisma . Much more popular appeal than the tired , boring old men who seem to make up the remaining roster of contenders for the republican nomination .

Go for it , Sarah and Donny .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Well he is free to do as he wishes. I don't really see either of them getting the nod in the end
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, Donald, I'm not seeing anyone who can get elected, either. ;-)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Aint. Happenin. But I truly hope the liberal news media stays ALL OVER these two so the good candidates can slip on in and under the radar :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I am moving if they get elected. Those republicans really want to lose with their choice of candidates.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Why hadn't this happened BEFORE the correspondence dinner? The jokes were already good... but with this tidbit they could have been even better LMAO.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• OMG ---will that be GREATon SNL!!!! WooHoo!

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011