my 2 year old daughter goes to bed at 7 and by about 12 she wakes up and wont go back to sleep for ages . She has been doing it for a few weeks but never used to and she doesn't have any naps in the day why could she be waking up all the time lol

emma133

Asked by emma133 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I kinda experienced the same thing with my son. It appears that your daughter may be confusing bedtime with naptime. I would try to get your daugter to take a short nap during the day like 30-60 minutes and that might solve that problem. It worked for my son. Some 2 yr olds try to give up naps too soon. I hope this helps.
    mwilson71

Answer by mwilson71 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with the pp. She is probably overtire and even though she resists her nap does not mean that she is ready to give them up. Heck, my 6 yr old will still take a nap here and there. My "normal" kids gave up their naps around 3 -3.5.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My DD used to take 2 naps a day and she didn't want to go to sleep at night. I cut it downt to 1 nap a day around 2 or 3 Pm no later than 3 pm. If she doens't then she want's to go to sleep by 7 pm and then wake up at midnight not wanting to back to sleep. So I give her a nap a day and put her in bed by 9 pm. She'll sleep through the night and wake up around 9 - 10 am.
    xnegritalindax

Answer by xnegritalindax at 8:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2011