Should I go to my high school reunion?

My ten year is coming up in July. It's $50 a ticket, three hours away, and I'm pregnant. Only 9 weeks, but whatever. I was wanting to go, now not so sure...will I regret it if I don't? Or are reunions silly? Thoughts?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I haven't gone to any of mine, but not for lack of wanting. It was more about timing. Our first was an 11 yr reunion and I was overseas (and very pregnant.) The 20th we had was over Thanksgiving and I don't live there anymore and neither does any of my family.

If I had an opportunity to go I would. My mom always had a blast at hers; said that the old high school crap was gone by the time they had their first (at 20 yrs.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Reunions are best after 40 years!!!! Just to see how everyone looks after the test of time!

Answer by older at 7:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have been to all my reunions and they are so much fun. I think if at all possible you should go and enjoy yourself.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think they are a lot of fun IF you had a big groups of friends then and you know they are also going. I had only a few friends and none of them went so it was not too much fun for me. But my brother had a big group of friends so he loves going to his reunions.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My sister and I are "Irish twins" and graduated the same year, so we have a "buddy" to go with. Plus, a LOT of my classmates live in the area still, and we all keep in touch on MySpace, so it has been REALLY fun to see how everyone has grown and started their families.

I really wouldn't miss it. I have had a lot of fun. That said, our class only had something like 90 people, so we didn't have all the drama, cliques, and such that keeps people from wanting to go.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I didn't go to my 10 yr because it was in GA and I was living in CA at the time... I would have gone if we were closer
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think reunions are wonderful! It's amazing how ppl change but also how they stay the same! Every1 should be done w/ all the teenage immaturity, etc. I'm helping plan our 40th & want to see EVERYBODY not just my pals! ('Course, I always wanted that w/ every reunion!) World experience really improves some ppl!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 9:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have not gone to any of my reunions. Just no one I wanted to see that I don't keep up with now anyway. There will be another one if you don't want to go to this one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• They normally include a lot of drinking and trying to prove to everyone that you have become a "success" in life. If it is really important to you, then go. I would rather opt out. Life is so different after ten years of high school. I've been out nearly 20...Time to move on. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011