Im confused. adult content

Im 17 years old and im having all the pregnancy symptoms but yet i have had all my periods. I have not token a pregnancy test because i believe they lie and im scared to go to the doctor because of my parents if i am pregnant im 13 weeks i dont know what to do or how to do things? can someone help me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you have violence in your home, you need to get out. Period. Especially for the baby. Do you have a trusted family friend that can be there when you tell your family?
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• violets?? Violence?... DONT TELL THEM if they dont care about u why would u care if they know.. keep ur self and ur baby safe!!

Anonymous

• its good youre leaving. i wouldn't tell your family until youre out of there because of the violence. dont assume that a baby is going to change things with them and they will automatically be supportive of you. you will just set yourself up for disappointment if they are not accepting or supportive. if you want anymore advice or anything feel free to message me, I know what it's like to have an unplanned pregnancy at a young age. i was 19 when i got pregnant and 20 when my twins were born.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 7:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• you really should leave asap. violence is not good for the baby or you. about telling your parents go to dinner somewhere or something after....... you pack up to move to your friends house. telling them behind your closed doors isnt safe if they are physically abusive.
    shayanna6710

Answer by shayanna6710 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• First you need to find out if you are pregnant. The tests don't lie, especially when positive. If you are too afraid to go to the doctor go to planned parenthood or a free clinic.

Then, if you are not, think about what you are doing to make you think you could be pregnant and stop it. get on birth control and or use condoms!

If you are, find a neutral party and have them present when you tell your parents. If you feel you will need a new place to live or that they will be violent, line a new place up. The neutral party being present when you tell them will keep you safe while you. Save as much money as you can and tell the father. He'll need to step up and be responsible.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• im not afraid to go to the doctor its just i cant have my parents find out will they tell my parents?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Go to Planned Parenthood. That's what I did. They didn't tell my parents. If you need to feel free to message me. I got pregnant when I was 17. I didn't have the problem of violence in my home, but I think if you do, then you need to first off go get tested. Second, find another place you can stay. Then like the previous post said, have someone with you when you tell your parents. Good luck, and message me if you need.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Go take a home pregnancy test. If you are 13 weeks pregnant, it will come up positive. Take it from there. You say you have been having your period. What symptoms are you experiencing?
    You have the right to complete privacy regarding your reproductive and sexual health. They cannot tell your parents anything about that without your consent. But I'd start with an HPT.

Was this question edited, because I see a lot of responses regarding violence, but I don't see where it is in the OP?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Also, why do you think a HPT will be inaccurate? All it does is check for a certain hormone in your urine. If the hormone is present, you are pregnant, and the test will read positive. If the hormone is not present, you are not pregnant, and the test will read negative.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• 1--I don't know why every1 is talking @bt violence; did I miss you saying u were afraid of that? Don't see it in the orig ?
    2--I had to deal w/ this situ w/ my 16 y-o & tho' upset I didn't scream & yell, etc. Don't just assume they will.
    3--You can't do anything 'til you know if you are or not.
    4--You can find out @ PP, they'll strongly enc you to abort, which I believe is wrong, & may not give you the full story. Try a Pregnancy Resource Ctr or such for testing & you will get the more complete story about pg, abortion, adoption, etc.
    5--There are RISKS attached to ab that they won't really tell u @ PP.
    6--I have heard many say they didn't know enuf by the info @ PP & felt GUILTY decades later!
    7--It's NOT a mass of undiscernable tissue at 13 wks, @ this time a baby is close to fully formed (tho' still lots of developing to take place)--♥ beating, etc.
    8--I will pray for u! God loves you! Either way won't be "easy."
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2011