Childrens fears...

My son is incredibly afraid of the sound of an airplane.. not like a giant normal 747 but a Cessna or helicopter.. he is also afraid of the sound of a trash can rolling by.. any ideas on how to get him over these fears?

and what are your children's fears?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 7:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try taking him on a "listening walk" and see how many sounds he can hear. Go to the library and check out some books on helicopters and make it fun to read and fun sounds to hear. Hope that helps. :0)

Work for yourself....not by yourself! Learn how: http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 7:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I try for my DD not to be afraid of anything. When I was a little girl I remember my aunts and grandma trying to scare me and I hated it. So now that I have my daughter I don't encourage fear. So what I do is show her that things wont' harm her. She used to be afraid of the vacuum, so I told her that it was OK and that the vacuum wasn't going to harm her. Then I made her touch the vacuum and help me vacuum. Now, every time I vacuum she tries to help me.

xnegritalindax

Answer by xnegritalindax at 8:42 AM on Jun. 4, 2011