How would this make you feel?

My aunts are calling me I don't mind speaking to them but I hate talking on the phone for long periods of time and these ladies love to talk I love them so much but I really don't talk to them that often you would think I'd want to talk. Now I am feeling bad bc they called me and I did not pick up I keep saying I will call them later but later never comes around. I guess I could call and say hi and bye kind of make it quick... idk.
I feel guilty bc these ladies are in their 60/70's

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• if u feel bad suck it up and call them..
    Anonymous

• give yourself a time limit- like ten minutes or something...and when you call them tell them that you have to do something in ten minutes so that way they know it won't be a long convo...then in ten minutes say you gotta go- i do this all the time with my SO's mom lol
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I know how you feel! I blame it on my anxiety. My family knows it's really hard for me to talk on the phone because of my issues. Maybe you should just tell them how it is for you, and how you don't feel like you could talk on the phone for as long as they need?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I know that feeling. I used to take a block of time and called who I needed to. I think if I called them first they would love that. And i alway felt after that it was as good for me as it was for them. But that is my aunties. My grandmas are gone. :(
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• call them back when you can & just tell them you have been super busy.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• They know that you have a busy life. If you don't pick up every time they call, they should understand. Try telling them nicely that you just can't talk a long time when they call. Be respectful. I know they love you and only want to see how things are going with you.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011