How to move on from 3 yr old relationship?

You women probably have read my questions on cheating on my bf when drunk, etc.
I realize maybe it's not meant to be. Lately for the last 2 wks, I have been binge drinking.
I went to Detox and then left. I can't stand the anxiety of being there. I been clean from alcohol for two days now. I talked to my ex fiance and he wants no contact with me, whatever's so ever. I understand its too painful. I'm left now with all this guilt, hurt, shame and emotions of what I did to him. He has met a girl now too. It's been two wks and he has somebody already. I think that maybe when we were long distance, he started hanging out with her way before hand. We were in a Long Distance Relationship. I really don't think even if we got back together, it would work out. I just wanna move on with my life. How can I do this? I already have set myself a plan to recover from alcohol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You can do this and much more, you got a good plan for recovery, stick to it and the rest will follow.

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Take it one day at a time and one step at a time stick with your plan for recovering from alcohol. I did it so can you!
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It's overwhelming but don't go under because of your emotions. I just want you to know you are taking good steps to the good life you deserve. Baby steps, and no one can do it but you. *hugs*
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Aww thanks, I'm trying :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• One day at a time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• find someone close to you that will support you through getting over the booze.. the man can be taken care of. go out meet new people, join a gym or go for a walk in the park, you never know who youll run into. thats how i met my husband :) good luck hon friend me if u need someone to talk to!
    Monica.J

Answer by Monica.J at 8:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Take it one day at a time. You will heal and you will find someone else. What has worked for me is to stay as busy as possible and not allow myself to get down thinking about past relationships. Find some supportive friends. Find a new hobby or a group sport like soft ball or volley ball to do just for fun and socialization.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 9:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sounds like you have made a god start. Just keep it up. Don't let the guilt get in the way of healing. No one is perfect and it sounds like it was not meant to be. Good Luck
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• All that I know who can help you get through is the Lord. If you ask Him for strength and forgiveness, He'll answer you and help you quit the drinking. He's helped me immensely through some addictions. As your faith gets stronger, the temptations will lessen and you'll have such a peace and strength that you never knew you could have. He will also lead you to a good man who will be faithful to you and possibly marry you in the long run.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011