Steam mop vs. others

my friend swears that steam mops are much better then regular ones b/c they only use hot water. Im just not sure if it cleans a floor as good as she thinks. I mean its just hot water after all. So what do you ladies think? What is your opinion?

ZeenaS.Muh

Asked by ZeenaS.Muh at 7:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I love my steam mop and wouldn't go back. The steam is so hot that it sanitizes the floor as it cleans. It does a much better job than our old traditional mop. Plus, you save money on floor cleaners and it is better for your children and pets not using harsh chemicals.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my friend has a shark..and i had doubts before i saw one at work! It was awesome. It uses steam instead of chemicals and did a fantastic job at cleaning her floors!
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have one. I do not use it. Maybe I sould break it out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I love my Shark :o)

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I love my steam mop and I too would never go back. The steam actually is so hot that it kills all the germs which is what your detergent is supposed to do. Mine has a pad that is washable and you can really tell that it is cleaning. The only thing I miss is the cleaner smell. Yes, I know, it's a chemical smell.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I love my Haan it cleans and is ready in a jiff!!!
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my steam mop! It not only cleans the floor like a thousand times better than a regular mop and cleaner but it also sanitizes too!

I love that all I have to do is put water in it and I am good to go! AND I can just throw the pads in the washing machine when I am done which is more than I can say for my Swiffer Wet Jet!!

Get one! You will NEVER look back!!

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• lol Im most likely going to get one, my gave me her old one. Its not a shark. I think I want a Shark. Can you use them on wood floors?
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• *my friend game me her old one
    ZeenaS.Muh

• Steam is not recommended on NON SEALED wooden floors. If your floors are solid wood, don't use it. If they are laminate, it's probably ok.

And SHARK is a CHEAP brand that doesn't last long. The gal with the HAAN has a much better product.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011