im having breastfeeding problems

OK I HAVE TWIN BOYS AND THEY WILL BE 3 MONTHS THIS MONTH.WHEN I FEED JAYDEN HE SO FULL I CAN TELL AND HE LETS ME KNOW WHEN HE'S FULL.ABOUT 15 TO 30 MINUTES LATER HE HUNGRY AGAIN.ITS BEEN HAPPENING FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS NOW.WHEN I FEED JAYLEN HE EATS THEN GETS FULL LIKE 5 TO 10 MINUTES AFTER I STARTED FEEDING HIM.IM CONCERN ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I THINK THAT IM NOT FEEDING THEM RIGHT AND I DON'T THINK IM PRODUCING AS MUCH AS I PRODUCED WHEN I HAD MY GIRLS.SO I NEED CAFE MOMS OPINION ON THIS.{WE GO TO THE DOCTOR IN JANUARY 9

bossrenee

Asked by bossrenee at 3:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same prob with me DD. I just didnt produce. She was always hungry. I gave up on it after 6 weeks and my doc said there was nothing that could be done asside from what I was already doing. My DD Lost a lot of weight (before I knew I wasnt producing) But I am pregnant with #2 and going to try it again. I have heard they have pills out for it now but you can also drink non-alcoholic beer and get the production up. Its worth a shot.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• they are growing boys. it is time for cereal. mix some of your milk with it and feed them with a spoon. they will be fine.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 3:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• simple rice baby cereal. twice a day.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 3:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• growth spurt mama! the more you feed them and often the more you will produce milk. you can try mothers love drops to help increase your milk production. good luck!

http://www.motherlove.com/

phairee004

Answer by phairee004 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• well it says nurse on demand,they could just want to suck also,my lil one was like that she is 6,months now,u just gotta feeed em when they want it,i know its alot of work,and exhusting
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• rice cereal will not solve your problems, please do NOT feed your 3 month olds cereal. it will probably just constipate them and cause lots of misery for you. babies shouldnt have solids until at least 6 months. you more than likely have enough milk for the boys, they are just satisfying their sucking need on you, in other words, using you as a human pacifier. join a breastfeeding group on here and ask for more help and dont even think about supplementing with formula it will make your supply drop!!
    MisanthropKitty

Answer by MisanthropKitty at 4:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Sounds like a growth spurt to me as well. Just keep nursing them on demand. No need to add anything to their diet. As long as they are peeing and pooping well, they are getting enough.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If you are worried about your supply then drink lots of water and eat oatmeal! You're an AWESOME mom for breastfeeding your twins, don't give up and don't give them solids!!! :~) If they are lucid, happy, and gaining weight (some bf babies gain slower than formula fed, that is OK) then don't worry at all!

Extra kudos to you!!!!!!!
    Sarena83

Answer by Sarena83 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2008