Why do so many have their hands out and think they are entitled to be taken care of. Why don't they know it is their responsibility to take care of themselves and their family?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• clap clap clap. Personal responsibility and accountability for your own actions is something really missing from this country lately. You can blame your problems on someone else, your decisions on someone else, and then can force those people to pay. People who make responsible decisions get the sh*t end of that deal!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ya know, all my life I have taken care of myself and family, and my husband worked very hard. Then, he lost his job. We are working to get back to where we once were, and the public assistance really helps right now. We really need the help, we don't nessacaraly want the help. Maybe next time you make a post about this subject, you will realize that some people just need a helping hand.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No. The country is in major debt because of wars on two fronts and major tax cuts. There have always been people who need help. This economy has forced more people to seek help. It's not that people in general want to sit and do nothing,. There are some that do, but those numbers are few.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 9:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I pay taxes, ALOT of taxes, so yes, I expect help when I need it. Now if I didn't pay on the other hand......
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 8:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Are we talking public assistance or something else? I know individual people who feel entitled even though they have NEVER worked for anything they have. I know people who have out and out lied on their resume saying they are military and never served one second for our country, because it looks good on paper. These people are the ones that make me sick, come to us for monetary help yet are not willing to do for themselves. I whole heartedly agree if you are or have been a tax payer and have hit hard times use my tax dollars, if you have not paid into the system you should not be entitled to use it. Social security will not last forever because a spouse gets the higher rate upon the death of their partner even if they did not earn it! Drives me crazy!
    Anonymous

• sherriet the country had a HUGE deficit LONG before the current war...
    Public assistance is set up to help those get back on their feet, however the deisgn is poor b/c if you make too much money you can't have assistance and round we go, so it prevents people from getting better jobs b/c they will lose assistance before they are truly able to be on their feet.

Look at Social Security it will be bankrupt long before WE ever see it....we have over 1 BILLION DOLLARS a DAY in INTEREST alone on our Deficit in this country....
    Between our banks, and loans, and assistance programs..unions, pensions...the US cannot keep up.

As well we are THE MOST LITIGIOUS society in the world, people are sure happy over everything
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• This is the new generation of entitlement. It starts in school where children are rewarded for every little thing. They then learn that they need to have a reward for helping, which brews over into adulthood where they think they don't get enough for what they do. We show them that those that have nothing can get something for doing nothing and they still have plenty. Look at some of the cars these people drive, look at their groceries, look at the clothing and the housing. We need to teach our children that hard work means when you get something it was well deserved.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• sounds like a good debate question...I am all for helping peple when they are down on their luck. I do think the "welfare" system needs to be revamped. It should be to help get back on your feet, not for generation after generation.
    Anonymous

• LOL...someone needs to study where their tax money is going and why we are in debt
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I feel the need to say that if she is talking about people just not getting a job and sitting on their lazy butts while the gov. pays for it than yea that does piss me off and that is where are gov. needs to do more investigation but that would take our tax money too. Damn we just can't win can we.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011