He's not remorseful or sorry. Do I demand an apology?

He screwed up royally again-on purpose. He went back to pot smoking after therapy and promises. I found out again and he's just NOT sorry! This is destroying our marriage but he doesn't even apologize and acts like nothing is wrong. What happened to groveling and flowers and butt-kissing? I get none of that! He also told me he never plans to quit smoking so it's deal with it or don't I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Why demand something when his heart isn't in it?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm with butterflyblue--If you 'demand' it, he won't mean it anyway.

He told you like it is--either accept it or don't. If you don't accept it, you need to leave.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Demanding means you get empty words. He's told you he has no intention of stopping, so now it's up to you to decide if you want to live with it or not.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It's just words - that he won't mean, so why bother?
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 8:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Agreed, he will not mean it. And, he will not stop smoking pot anyway. Besides, demanding won't necessarily get you one anyway. I'm sorry he's being such a...______. I won't say, you fill it in. But, I'm sorry you are so unhappy:(
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• He is told you what is what. Is he addicted. Addicted is a sickness.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Addiction is a sickness. Sorry, I need to proof.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Pot smoking is a deal/marriage breaker for you? Then leave. He likes to smoke, even though it's illegal its worlds better than alcohol. At least he's admitted to you that he will not quit..and now you decide.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think he gave you your answer. He is not going to stop, and now you have to decide whether it is something you want to tolerate for life, or not. If not...you leave. He made that choice.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• He's given it to you straight. So are you willing to live with his pot? If not you need to leave him and get on with your life. Hoping he'll change will just prolong the inevitable.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011