PPD in pregnancy???

i dont think its a type of ppd but i am honestly full of rage most of the day , most days. i dont want to be around my son(2) my mother at ALL (we live with her) or anything. i just idk i am angry all the time and i think its beyond regular hormones-what could it be?

mommiewife11

Asked by mommiewife11 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Um.... that sounds like pre-partum depression to me. And you should talk to a doctor about it, because there are many things they can do- drugs that are (according to my OB) safer in pregnancy than leaving it untreated, to other hints to make it better, talk therapy.... Some anger is normal in pregnancy, but nothing like you describe. Call your doctor and make them take it seriously. This can mess up your relationships, some of them permanently.

Please talk to your doctor. You can look at the typical symptoms online, but honestly, I've been through a lot of post-partum depression with internet friends, and you sound just like they did. It's so hard for everybody! Rage doesn't SOUND like depression, but it definitely can be.

Take care. It's really hard, but you can get past this- and with a diagnosis, it's easier on everybody to know what's going on and why.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• is there such a thing as PRE partum depression though? is that like its own thing or just regular depression or what? what medicines are safe?
    mommiewife11

Comment by mommiewife11 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• see a doctor and tell him/her exactly how you feel! they will be able to help! Sounds like PPD to me.
    tasha94952

Answer by tasha94952 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ex-RN, mom, grandma & been depressed most of my life here:
    Sounds like something you need to talk to doc about--whatever it is, you need some help w/ it! Don't worry about labeling it, that's not what's important!
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 10:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011