Do you think i'd be out of line or over picky for expecting this from my babysitter?

everyday when i get home my daughters high chair trays are dirty. she has the removable tray so they are both dirty (breakfast and lunch)... they are washed and ready for my babysitter to use every single morning without exception. So, i have to wash them before dinner and again after dinner everyday. Is it too much for me to ask her to wash the dang things after lunch? i don't care about the rest of the cups and stuff. whatcha think?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 8:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No, she should be cleaning up - both trays and dishes used, even if it's to rinse them to put them in a dishwasher if you use one.
    Anonymous

• If she does everything else to your standards I would say let it go. Its gross- yes, but good sitters are hard to find. Also, I sometimes leave my dds tray dirty (she is 15 months old). When she is taken out of her highchair she is off and running- sometimes it is hard to keep up with her:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• no that's a perfectly reasonable request..
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't think that's too much to ask, I'd think it'd be pretty standard. I'd think cleaning up dirty food from her meal would be part of making sure she was in a clean and healthy environment.

AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No she should be doing that anyway, ask her to wash it so you don't get ants lol
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i would ask her to do it
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd be irritated....you should ask her to please do that.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• IF this was a teenager just sitting while you were on a date i would say it is a pita but dont make a big deal.

BUT it sounds as if this is a nanny situation.... therefor yes it is part of her job.
    Anonymous

• It is something she should be able to do.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yes, its a nanny type babysitter. And no, everything else isn't perfect. she always wants to take my kid running around on her errands or bring her family to hang out at my house... im working on that too. wish i could get rid of her but my dh doesnt want to. he trusts her.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011