I need some help

i have a sister and her husbands friend is also my friend...well my husband dosent like that i hang out with my sister let alone my friend (who is a male)...i am 21 my husband is 25 and my friend is 20 my sister is 20...well he freaks out when i tell him i want to hang out with my sister and i tell him i am not a child i can do what i want and he guilts me out of spending time with my sister (who btw just lost a week old baby girl two months ago) we live very far away from each other and are very close friends as well as sisters...so how can i hang out with my sister while i am in town if my husand guilts me out of it all the time??? (my friend and i have no history but he is always around my sis and her man) what would you do any advice helps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he has a serious trust issue. Relationships never last is there is a trust issue.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd do it anyway, she is your sister and she needs you, your husband needs to stop being a dick and suck it up.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 9:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• bring him with to show him nothings going on, that you are just friends as for your sister blood is thinker then water...
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I can understand him not wanting you to hang around with another guy, history or not. But not your sister. She's your sister. And he's an ass for that. As far as the friend goes, who is more important? As far as your sister, explain to him that she is your sister, and what he is doing is not fair to you. He needs to respect you more, and treat you better as his wife. However, if I were you, I'd make it clear that I would not hang around this friend any more, and I wouldn't. It's not fair to your husband, if it bothers him this much. I know you don't want to have to give up a friend you had before you got married, male or not. However, you got married, and you need to respect your husband, and his feelings. Give up this friend, or it will damage your marriage.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Marriage is about compromise. He doesn't need to just suck it up any more then you would if the table was turned. That's not fair. Compromise.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Tell him to come WITH you. It's frankly SILLY to be untrusting of someone seeing a person of the oppositve sex. If you don't trust, then you should NOT be married. Half the world is the opposite sex.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Encourage him to take part.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my sisters are more important then some asshole telling me i can't see them or trying to guilt me into not ever seeing them. stop being a bit** Raine I just had a miscarriage and it is nice to have at least one of my sisters there for me, I can only imagine what her sister is going through just because her BIL is an ass and doesn't care. I would never hold back my guy from spending time with his family or his friends.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• to me my family is a lot more important than some guy. guys come and go but that's your sister id go see her. i don't believe when you get married your husbands word is like gods and you should do all in your power to please and worship him, fuck that! no guy will ever run my life like that, ever. i'm too close to my family to leave them over some ass who makes me feel like shit for wanting to see them.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011