My husband has been going to the chiropractor and can hardly walk now...

he is in so much pain he can hardly lift our 6 mo. old

What's the deal? Is this normal? Anyone have that happen before?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• I go to the chiropractor regularly. Once in a while, if things are bad when I go it, the pain will get a bit worse before it improves (especially if I know I have a problem and wait too long to go it), but that's also why my chiro says to ice the affected area for a couple of days, and also use biofreeze (mine will put it in after adjusting me). I've never had trouble walking after an adjustment though. What did he go in for, how often has he been going, how long has he been going?
    Anonymous

• Poor guy. Chiropractors make me nervous. I will never go to one.

He should see his primary, instead. He or she may refer him to a specialist.

Good luck!

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• he's been going for about a week now... the Dr. said that his x-ray looks like he had stress fractures in a couple of his vertebrae at some point (in the location where he has been having pain) ...
    he did bring some biofreeze home- i'll hook him up and hope it works
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• So did the doc recommend he see the chiro? Not a great idea if he has stress fractures. He needs to see a specialist if that's the case. The biofreeze is like icyhot, but waaaaaay better - not a permanent fix by any means, but it helps for a while (I use it on my face when I have a sinus or ear infection, as well as normal areas, lol). But if his doc saw possible stress fractures he really needs to go higher - that's one of the very few cases I'd NOT recommend a chiro (and I'm HUGE on chiropractic care!).
    Anonymous