When did you know it was right to add another child?

did you always know you wanted more children? were they a surprise? or did you plan them a certain amount of time apart?

babymaycker

Asked by babymaycker at 9:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• i always wanted a boy and a girl, 2-3 years apart. we had our dd (she was planned) and when she was 2 and a half i got pregnant with our ds (he was planned) worked out great cuz she was potty trained before he was born
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We just kind of KNEW. We looked at each other and agreed that it was time to start trying for a second child. My son is 3 1/2 years older than his sister and it works wonderfully for us. He's an AWESOME big brother.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I always knew I wanted more then one child.. And now 2 kids later we are planning for our 3rd
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I knew I wanted 2 kids, but had I waited until I felt ready, I would still be waiting to be ready for number 2. Thankfully, he was a surprise and forced my hand, so to speak. My kids are 2 years apart. So, he was technically planned, because we wanted another, but his timing was a surprise, we were not trying for him when I got pg.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We hadn't really discussed it, but had an "oops" when DS was 11 months. They are a week shy of 20 months apart. When we decided we wanted a 3rd when DD was 2.5 it took longer than we anticipated and DS2 is 5.5 years younger than DD and 7 younger than DS1.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• ive always wanted one of each sex, no matter how many that meant. our first came a lot earlier than we had wanted (she was born a month after our 1st wedding annv), but it has worked out perfectly b/c now we will be young when they are in high school. we planned DS (#2) to be born before our DD turned 3 so that they would be close in age but not too close...we didnt want 2 in diapers. if we plan a 3rd kid we'd want him/her to be born when DS is 2-3 years old.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We just decided that after 4 years, it was time for our daughter to have a sibling. We started trying in January last year and found out we were prego in Feb. October 2010 we added a handsome little man to our family!
    KynTuffsMom

Answer by KynTuffsMom at 11:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We have 5 ages 8,5,4,1 and 6 monthes, and we want another, and we let God chooses, I am on BC for the first time ( which I am against) b/c I have to let my ody heal due to complications from my last!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• we had been trying and I had 2 miscarriages and we agreed we would try one more time and if it didn't happen then it wasn't meant to be and that was when we conceived my now 4 year old but we were told after he was born that it would be better for my health if I had my tubes removed so I did.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Mine are all about 2 years apart. They weren't planned at all. I was going to have my tubes tied after I had my 8 yo dd but my dh didn't want me to do that. He didn't right out ask me but I saw his eyes when they were going to take me for the operation. So I changed my mind. We then had 2 more children. After that I said.. "Yeah that's enough for me."
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2011