What did you do to stay feeling well during your pregnancy in the summer?

im 22 weeks pregnant and today i tried to go outside with my kids and its left me feeling bad and drains me! i drank my water! it was just really hot outside! its hard to explain to my kids that mom cant stay outside that long because i get to hot and its not good for me! i feel super guilty! i just want my kids to have a great summer and get the most of their summer break!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 9:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I spent a LOT of time at the pool last summer when I was pregnant
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• when i was prego with my oldest i was outside hanging laundry and mowing the grass but i always had a glass of ice water and a wet hand towel to put around my neck to help keep me cool it was one good thing my mother taught me... and if need be go buy a big beach umbrella and sit under that while they are outside and get a small bucket or those plastic pools and have water in it as well for your feet and they have those fans on a spray bottle at walmart those are good too ....
    cammoluvr

Answer by cammoluvr at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i had a july and an august baby, like pp i got in the pool alot, drank alot of water and ate watermelon lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• ANYWHERE with air conditioning. If you can't really go anywhere stick your feet in the kiddy pool and keep a wet/damp cloth around the back of your neck and one covering as much of the top of your head as you can. Washcloths or hand towels work the best.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We go to the creek and river a lot. Or wash the car or play with the hose and spray each other and that helps. I'm 32 weeks and can't stay out in the heat too long unless I have something to cool me off. GL Mama!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011