HAVE YOU OR YOUR CHILD EVER BEEN BULLIED THROUGH SOCIAL NETWORKS, IS IT OK?

I was taught young, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me!" If you or your child have every been bullied you would say that statement is a bunch of Crap! Especially on social networks. Written, or Spoken harmful purposeful Words can cut sharper than a knife....and the lasting effects are long if not forever. In fact social bullying is taking a flight....FB - and other social networks are reporting teen sucicides due to "bullying".

No one should be subjected to such...especially here at Cafemom's...I'm disturbed by some of the comments when someone post a question, or adds their own heartache...that it gives rights to allow poison darts to be slung with hurtful words on a just because manner. I don't like it and just read a member left because a bully took advantage on another cafe member. What are your thoughts?

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• i have had ppl come at me with rude hatedul comments but i just let it roll off my back, it is the internet after all...idc what ppl i don't know and will probally never meet, think about me.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sadly it is the nature of the internet. I hate though.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nature of the Internet, it's a lot easier to be a bad person when you are faceless.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• forget the typos it was late lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I get it all the time and it isn't nice I even get it from my neighbors on the internet I think people do this type of behavior on the internet because they are not face to face with the person so they say whatever they feel, whether it be hurtful or not. It is very hurtful and everything when people do this and I myself try not to, I was always raised if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all but alot of people don't live by that either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• and no it isn't OK but that is just the way some people are they have to put others down or insult them to make themselves feel better
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011