Kid-friendly About My Body Book

My 6 1/2 yr old son is becoming very curious about his body and body parts in general. He is not satisfied with just knowing the name of something and wants to know its functions. While I am certainly capable of explaining this, I worry I may go into too much detail/depth for his age. He is a smart kid, reading and math at 2nd grade level, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good, science-based website or book that is intended for kids? I think this sort of think could help direct the conversation.

klickitykat

Asked by klickitykat at 9:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Here is a link to the company that sells the book. I can't find any place online to buy it, but I think you can get it straight through them. It's in the 2nd section of books. http://www.flowerpotpress.com/site/PHC.html
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I still have the books my mom read to us. They are Where Did I come From and Whats Happening to Me. They are clear and concise but still kid friendly.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 9:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• This one isn't in print anymore, but I tracked one down for DS on Ebay because the copy I had as a kid was long gone:

http://www.amazon.com/Kaufmans-Born-Grow-Bodies-Learn/dp/0307157938

(I did NOT pay $200 for our copy - I think it was about $25 when the auction ended, hardcover and in good condition)

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have only looked at books for girls, but I know there are a bunch for boys too, at B&N.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hmm, I'm not sure.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Check out a local book store like Borders or something.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My 5 yr old is OBSESSED with the human body!! He watched National Geographic shows on the human body (on Netflix instant Que). We also bought him a book called "My First Book On The Human Body" a visual guide to Human anatomy. It's an awesome book. My son carries it around with him all the time! I'll see if I can find a link to it...
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Google?
    GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Check you library.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2011

• check out the library. or talk to the school nurse.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2011