• In the Spotlight:

How old was you're little one when you started potty traning?

My son is 1 now i know thats probably to early, but how old was your child when you started potty training them? And how young can you start them?

mblucky

Asked by mblucky at 3:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we started potty training at 18 months, nothing to vigirous but just so he would get the idea. We started really potty training around 2 and a half and we was completely potty trained before he turned three.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My first was 14 months. And they've all been done around that time.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Whenever she showed interest in learning or when she would tell me that she had to go poop or pee.
    Anonymous

• My daughter started showing a vague interest at 18 months so we slowly started then. We didn't pressure her though, if she said she had to pee, then we would take her, and we would put her on the potty before bath. And at like 2 years and 3 months, she was completely potty trained. She had been doing really good about telling us when she had to go, but then we went on vacation and after vacation she didn't want to tell us if she had to go at all. So i told her, well, i think it's time we're done with diapers. I said your gonna wear big girl undies and if you have an accident you will help clean it up. And the first day she had one accident, and she helped clean it up. Not washing the undies or anything, just taking them off herself, and wiping up the floor, and then we said it doesn't feel good to be all wet does it. And that whole week she only had 3 pee pee accident and no poo poo accident.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• 2.5
    SueMiller

Answer by SueMiller at 7:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I introduced the potty to my daughter when she was about 10-11 months old. She is now 18 months old and fully potty trained. I keep her potty in the living room so when she needs to go she just goes to it herself and goes. We also taught her sign language from an early age so that really helped...she would just sign to let us know she needed to go.
    Sunshine519

Answer by Sunshine519 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008