Ok so i am 3 cm and 80% effaced, how can i make labor progress

I have been at 3cm for some time now, and i know that can be normal, but now i am also 80% effaced along with the 3 cm dilated. Are there any things that can help me get the contractions to stay going once they start, they just keep stopping. Before you say anything about natural home induction methods, let me tell you i have already tried many. I am going to the doctor again tomorrow, and I am going to ask him about stripping my membranes, and what he advises I do. I just thought that I might be able to get some insight from y'all moms out there. My other doctor says that if I was a little further she would induce, but I have to wait at least another week for that to be possible, and I would really rather not be medically induced because I want to go completely natural with this birth, no pain meds or anything.

sianniona

Asked by sianniona at 10:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I guess this post is a little confusing to me.
    Obviously your body knows how to go into labor and progress when it needs to~ whenever that may be.
    Allowing it do do it;s Thing = natural.
    So you want natural but also want to force, unnaturally.

You don't need to *do* anything...
    You said contractions keep stopping~ consider why this may be.

The body is wise, it knows what to do (and when).
    Sounds like your body is fighting against your attempts to nudge-force.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Keep as active as you can - walk, have sex and see if the doc will strip your membranes.
    With my first I walked about 6 miles the day before I went into labor (and he was born early the morning after that.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• how far along are you? are you overdue?and i was enduced with all the drugs the gel poticen and the iv poticen and it hurts ..not trying to freak ya out but it freaking dse really bad...its hard to say wat will and will not help you go into labor or make ur progress get any futher.. mayb excersiceing alot...castrol oil i heard either will put u into labor or give ya the runs..nvr tried it tho..sex!!! good luck hope i helpped a bit
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sorry if you feel it's "negative." But it's not, read it through.

What do you *really* want?
    Really- truly ?
    (You said you wanted a natural birth but also talking of wanting to force baby out when not ready.)

You want to have a normal-natural-spontaneous birth?
    (Unnecessary interventions have risks and they are... UNnecessary.)

How much unnecessary risk do you want to add?

What if you never checked your cervix at all?

Why are you still pregnant right now?

What does your baby want?

Your post is contradictory, maybe you were unaware. This is why I ask.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i have had 3 c-sections. but from my exsperiance with other friends (moms) they kept very active.walking alot, do squats. physical activity to a degree though u dnt want to hurt urself or the baby. when walkin try alot of uphill fast pace,w/heavy breathing. hope it helps!
    alisha80

Answer by alisha80 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I am right there with you, girl. 3-4 cm, almost completely effaced. Overdue. And getting really impatient. I tried walking in the heat yesterday all around the zoo, but not so much as a contraction. It might have helped me dilate a little, though, because I was only about 2 cm yesterday.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• doulala thank you for your negativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is exactly what I wanted. medical vs natural remedies.. if you cant be positive and helpful dont answer me thanks and bye!
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i used vaginally inserted evening primrose oil and drank raspberry leaf tea. Lots of wanlking - hours everyday. tried having sex. I was 4.5cm at my last appointment right before my induction date. i went into labor on my own about 2 hours before i was supposed to be at the hospital and was an 8 when i came in for my induction
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Walk, walk, walk!!! And not a causual walk a power walk! Worked for me!
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 8:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• they are gonna medically induce if i dont go into labor!! Deffinate not NATURAL! I wanna induce with out drugs hence the NATURAL part of it.

been walking my ass off, power walking . tried it all sex, spicy food, pineapple, castor oil (cant keep it down) scrubbed the walls, floor, and shower. I dunno what else to do

gonna go get some EPO caps and pregnancy tea tonight when hubby gets home
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011