To put out our charcoal in the grill, my husband took out the charcoal and doused it with water. I decided to return the wet charcoal in the grill and closed the lid and all vents because I thought it was safer inside the grill lest there are still embers left. Is that ok?

anya2011

Asked by anya2011 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• we always just let ous just burn out everytime. it should be fine the way you did it
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've always left mine in the grill and just cleaned it out before the next time I used it. I like having a gas grill now so I don't have to deal with as much mess...but I miss the flavor of food cooked over charcoal.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thanks for your answers. I'm reassured now. I was worried that we would be starting a fire by doing it wrong. And yes, Mom-2-3-Girlz, food cooked in charcoal has the best flavor. :)
    anya2011

Comment by anya2011 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011