MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I COMPLETELY disagree with it. We were all created the way we are for a reason and they are completely hiding it. Stupid
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think it's a bit too extreme just to prove a point.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It's their decision. I wouldn't do it. But those who need to know know and it really isn't up to the rest of us. We raise our kids our way, and they theirs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm sure the child won't have any trouble figuring out what he or she is,lol... The parents can only control what others see, not what the child will feel. Eventually anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think it's interesting. It annoys me that when I show people pictures of my son in a "pretty dress" (that he's obviously extremely happy to be wearing), their first reaction is inevitably, "That will make a great blackmail picture." And when I show them my daughter in the same dress, it's "Aww, she's so cute!" I don't like the discrepancy, and I think that's what these parents are trying to bring awareness to--that kids are NOT free to choose, despite everyone saying they are. It's awesome that they're willing to stand up for their beliefs that way. And I don't think it will hurt the child at all, as he/she will be able to determine on his/her own when to disclose gender. Or not, since that kind of thing matters not at all to children.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Just strikes me as a couple of people looking for attention. Stupid thing to do ; making your own child into some freak-show experiment for the public to view.
    Anonymous

• wow those poor kids are gonna be messed up! imo being a girl or boy is something that allows a child to fit in to one group or the other and we all need to fit in somewhere
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 10:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• they're just plain nuts!!!! Lunatics
    proudmom717

Answer by proudmom717 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Its extreme..
    I see that one child (a boy) has long hair with bangs--- did the child CHOOSE to have those bangs..hmm?
    My daughter has "boy toys" & a few boy clothes (like buzz shirts, blue/white conductor overalls).. But she is still very aware she is a girl.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What will they do come potty training time; show him/her how to stand & aim, or sit? The dumb asses. Some people will do anything for attention, even if it means using their children to do so. Prime example: Kate Gosselin. Parents like these people need to think of how their actions will affect their children later on in life, before "conducting experiments". The're kids; not lab monkeys.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2011