Chance of another Ectopic Pregnancy

I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had my right tube removed. We didn't start TTC again for about 3 months. It took us 3 months to get pregnant and I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. But my question is what are my chances of having another ectopic pregnancy after having a successful pregnancy after ectopic?

shelby0304

Asked by shelby0304 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Your chance is not any greater at all because you are "using" the unaffected tube. The damaged tube was removed. Sometimes the damaged tube is not removed and you can then have greater chance of ectopic in that tube due to the scarring from previous ectopic. Good luck!
    Mim4

Answer by Mim4 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Thanks, I'm just a bit scared because I'm having these dull sharp pains that come and go on my lower left side, also sort of feels like a tight burning sensation. My LMP was May 7th and I have a 25 day cycle. I have a doctors appt tomorrow.
    I tested on monday but came back negative, but was most likely to soon.
    shelby0304

Comment by shelby0304 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• how did your doctor appointment go ?? from what i understand its A 15% CHANCE that you may have another ectopic pregnancy. but because you only have one tube im not sure how that works.... i also only have one tube and ovary ... andin the one i have i had an ectopic and my tube is completly blocked now
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2011