You know it when you feel it - don't you?

When that day comes that an measure of distance suddenly appears between you and husband - you feel it. May not can put your finger on it, but you can feel it.
It hurts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• but it doesn't have to be sad. Look at it as an opportunity to shorten the distance.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• oh wow. I hope that I never feel that.
    mna_823

Answer by mna_823 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I totally know that feeling, though it wasn't gradual. I could tell it was building up and did all that I could to stop it... But then one day I asked myself... what's the point in continuing this? Nothing is changing. Neither of us have been able to stop it from getting to this point. I still care about his well being, but I am not in love with him. I could never be in love with him again. There's been too much pain and... unfortunate circumstances. I am just done. He knows that, I know that. We have the papers, just haven't filed yet.
    Anonymous

• that is true you do feel it, and it does hurt.. i am sorry...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, you do feel it. I remember the exact day it happened. I'm sorry you're hurting & I do hope there's a way you can become close again. It wont ever happen for me/us nor do I want it to, but some couples can become emotionally intimate/bonded again.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• hugs

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I know that feeling and that feeling almost led to divorce but we decided that we needed to have a serious conversation and put all of our cards on the table. We told each other exactly how we were feeling without holding back in fear of hurting the other and after about a good 5 hour conversation we decided to start fresh and new and start showing each other respect and appreciativeness. Now our relationship is stronger then ever.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Are you a praying mamma? Take it to the Lord, many times...Only the Lord can handle hurt like this. I hope the best for ya. I've been there. God will work you through it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It was quite painful, but we made our way back to each other. Even though he hurt me, I still loved him and we are ok. It doesn't work that way for everyone, but if you still love him you can still try to change things.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011