Why are some people so rude?

Why is it that some people just have to say ugly things to parents who are trying to calm their tantruming children down?

No one says anything to those crazy mommas beating their children in K-Mart. Why do people criticize the mommas who are not spanking their children for having a tantrum?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I let them throw one, the answers still no, and people get away from a screaming baby faster ha.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• people dont want to get involved when its child abuse or even just spanking but let me tell u if your trying to do anything else to calm a child down they feel they need to get into your life. its very messed up how people will get involved in the wrong things
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 10:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• because they are ignorant

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• well....I have not personally seen anyone say anything to a crying child. But when I had small children I would not continue shopping with them if any of them became hysterical and had a meltdown. It is just so unnecessary to force people to hear that kind of thing and so unfair to the little kids to keep them in a cart when they are itred or hungry or wanting to be at home. Kids do not want to shop with Mommy. SO...I didn't do it unlessI absolutely had to and I made sure they were well- rested and had a meal at home before we went shopping. It is mean to force kids into a cart and to inflct their tantrums on the shoppers.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• because they think they can do better then you are doing. just ignore them. i haven't come across this however i would give a dirty look and walk away and i woudl def say mind your own business to the person butting in. lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think there is something about a tantrum that no one can deal with. It's not just the tears, it's the NOISE a kid makes that rubs everyone including the Mother, the wrong way. So I actually think people have a negative reaction to it and I suppose say something (when they shouldn't). I always walked away from my kid when they freaked out or I'd sling them over my shoulder and walk out. My kids never threw too many. We just didn't buy into it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Heh. Not all do. My son was 2-3 and we were about done shopping at Target. I was in line waiting to pay and my husband had taken him off to the side by the doors to wait for me. Well, at that point my son had decided that he'd had enough and started throwing a tantrum. Some high-maintenance, nose stuck in the air, single BITCH went walking by and rolled her eyes at my husband trying to quiet our son down an made that rude "uh" noise. She stuck her nose even further in the air and kept walking. Another Mom of at least one kid, probably more, was following this woman and muttered just loud enough for my husband to hear: wait till YOU have kids. My husband smirked and the mom gave a small smile while walking out the door.

As a parent myself I will either try to distract the child with a game of peek-a-boo or something else innocent, or just share a look of commiseration with the other parent.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't have people making rude comments, i have the old ladies or people at the check out handing out free toys instead because "they are just too cute, and look at that puppy dog face, I can't resist that look!" How in the world do you teach your child no when you have strangers throwing free crap at them??? Drives me nuts.

and she doesn't have to be crying either, if she's smiling all happy go lucky it happens to! I swear every time I go into public with my kids they get something for free just for being "cute".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've never had that happen to me. All of my kids are of an age that they know if they start to act up and throw a tantrum, they will get taken out to the van...so yeah, they're *pretty* good at the store.

I heard a couple of little ones, not older than 1, today crying. All I could feel was sorrow for the poor child and hope that the mommy could calm child down. I got that instant mommy mode wanting to go help try to calm down child to help the mom out.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Everyone wishes and hopes that their child will NEVER throw a tantrum or act an arse in public. However, it does happen! There was a time that my son let go of my hand for a minute, and we let him walk beside us. Unfortunately, he took off sprinting across the store and I had to chase him down before he hurt himself or someone else. He was 4. I caught up with him, and was lecturing him on how to behave and that it wasn't safe to run off with strangers all around. Of course he was crying because he got in trouble. This old man butted in and said, "oh, come on, Mom, he didn't do anything wrong!" I was PISSED! I whirled around and told him to mind his own business. It is no one else's place to comment on my parenting and I'll let them know real quick!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2011