• In the Spotlight:

Truely thankful, but drained and cant sleep!

Not a question more of a praise...SO this stomach bug that is going around hit my house. Big time. My 14 MO is teething and so he' got that and the fever going on... I had the pukes and some fun BM's and what felt like a hangover from hell... But wasnt a hangover... Then last night I was feeling better minus the headache, probably from my exorsist puking earlier.... but my hubby come in at about 1:30 am and says thanks for getting me sick, hes got it worse than any of us... I was like Oh great... So today Im still dealing with the tail end of this, my kid and my DH who is a bigger baby than my 14 MO sick, what guy isnt lol. So being this is the first time were all sick at once, and me being a firsttime mom, this was definately a new expierience for me. WOW. Time to to stock up on the Vit. C for myself is pretty muchall I have to say. But I will give a big shout out to my mom who made her delish hommade chicken noodle soup - a no brainer I know, but hers is better for some reason :) and drove it an hour to bring it to me, as well as some sierra mist. It takes so much to be a mom, but its soo much easier when you ave a loving supporting and undrstanding mom standing behind you! So to all of you moms out there, who take care of your families I have more respect for you all after the past few days, to me were all supermoms! Way to go!

kgrine

Asked by kgrine at 10:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• Ya, getting sick as a Mom sucks. I keep zicam stocked all Winter but not much you can do about the vomit flu. Glad you got through it!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• One of mine had an upset tummy today. I gave him Pepto and then we all drank homegrown mint tea. I also rubbed peppermint essential oil on his tummy. He was good after that.
    Then I disinfected as much as i could. I have 4...when they were that age all of them would be sick at the same time..its hard but it always passes.
    Anonymous

• I tried for about 3 hours to convince my DH to do Pepto, but he then described a scene from years before where Pepto had a bad consequence... lol but the tea is a good idea, the only tea i have is organic apple, Thanks for the idea! Ill have to get some tomorrow!
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• omg I remember the first time I got sick with my first dd.. my (now ex) SO (dd's dad) had come down with the flu, then the baby got it (she was 9 months).. then me.. They were over it within a few days but I was pretty much drained and stuck in bed I got it so bad. So halloween SO takes DD to his mom's to show off her costume (since THEY were feeling better, lol and it was suppose to be a few hours for me to get some sleep and recoup from taking care of both of them when THEY were sick). So anyways, they had just left after leaving me with some ginger ale, and some soup, and not 2 minutes later I heard the door open. Well I thought they forgot something, and when they didn't say anything I said "hello?" Then I hear someone hauling ass outta my apartment. I get up to look, and some kid is running down the steps. Someone had just tried to break in after they THOUGHT the family had left.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• After that, piled on the table next to me was my box of kleenex's, my remote, my soup, my cold medicine, my ginger ale, and my .22.. my SO came home and looked at me like I drank too much cold syrup, lol. Until I told him about the kid tring to break in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Holy crap! Im very thankful it was nothing like that here! Glad everything turned out okay! Stinkin punk kids!
    kgrine

Comment by kgrine (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2011