Good washer and dryer.

I am moving and have to get a washer and dryer, was wondering what everyone thinks is a good washer and dryer.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a Wirlpool Cabrio and I love it!

It has power buttons and it cleans clothes really well. It is also an HUGE energy saver because it uses less water and the dryer has a sensor that continually adjusts itself during the drying cycle so that it does not run continually after the clothing is dry. It also has wrinkle guard which will come on every once in a while to quickly toss the clothing to keep them from getting wrinkled.

I saw NO change in our utilities when we got this set after not previously having a washer and dryer in our home!

There are so many features that we love about this set that I could go on all day. You should definately check them out!

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you get a frontload, make sure it has just a spin only cycle. We have a GE and sometimes it doesn't spin out well enough. The only other short option on ours is a rinse and spin. I miss the spin cycle.... I won't get another GE frontload when I am done with this one..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Another thing is if it is a topload, look at the spin basket to make sure it has good hole placement for spin out. Some brands have more holes than others with better placement for spinning out water. :-) I have a thing about clothes spinning well. I have had some bad experience with ones that did not do a good job.. Grrrrrr.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Highest rated standard priced front loaders are Whirlpool and Samsung and GE. LG is crap and cheap crap at that....they don't hold up in the testing.

Top loaders - Whirlpool and GE.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ty ladies, I will have to take a look at the ones you mentioned.
    charmd18

Comment by charmd18 (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2011