• In the Spotlight:

Can I be prego if the home pregnancy test is negative????

I am a day late on my period and I took a home pregnancy test this morning and it came out negative. I been having clear/ white discharge for almost 2 weeks now. I been having period like cramps but no blood. I have pains in my lower back. I am not sure if my period is late or if I am pregnant. I have a menstrual cycle of 25-28 days. I am on day 26, but last month was only 25 days so I was expecting my period yesterday.

Pr3c1ousAng3l

Asked by Pr3c1ousAng3l at 3:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • Wait another few days and test again. It might just be too early for the test to pick it up. Technically you aren't late yet, it goes by your longest cycle not your shortest one.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• could just be to early to test i was suppose to get a period around the 19th of july so i took a test 2days after the 19th and got a neg still no period come the first of august so i took another one and got a neg still nothing so i took another test on the 3rd of august and what do you know bingo pregnant lol. i got pregnant right around the time i should have started my period which is why the home test didnt pick it up the next day. wait a few days and test again.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree, maybe you should wait a couple of days to make. Another possibilty is that the pregnancy hormone is not strong enough to be detected yet. That happened with both my pregnancies. It took quite a few home tests then finally I saw a faint sign and confirmed with blood test.
    gracielusmom

Answer by gracielusmom at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• With my last pregnancy I tested on the day my period was supposed tos how up and the test came out neg. I waited about 2 more days and re-tested and it was pos! Good luck to you!
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It could be too early for the tests to pick it up. I would wait a week or two. Do you have any symptoms?
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2008