Disturbing bed time for a 21 month old.... adult content

My Daughter who is 21 months old, who also is in our home as a foster child (she was placed on Friday in our home) when she goes to bed she will either say she is scared and points at the door or she will get up on her hands and knees in her bed and will start to rock back and forth sometimes its almost thursting and she makes grunting (sexual) noises, sometimes she is so loud we can hear her on the other side of our house. I am worried about this night time routine, is this normal way to maybe deal with stress at her level? or something else? Thank you to anyone that can help with different conclusions. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it sounds like some sort of sexual trama, either seeing someone have sex or being molested, you should maybe try to go to a professional to try to help with this
    brookemhowell

Answer by brookemhowell at 11:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree with the other person I'd bring it up to a doctor and seek professional help.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• She is your foster child... talk to the worker and ask if there was any sexual abuse in her past. Do you have an idea of why she was removed? She isn't even 2 yet, and she is another new home... I would think any odd behaviors are very normal for her right now. My foster daughter was trying to put things in herself at bath time when she was 2 and they couldn't find any signs of sexual abuse. You should also have a foster support system in place... call your foster parent liaison or your local foster parent group and talk to other foster moms in your area that have more experience than you do... it is always nice to have friends you can count on.
    wkfrmhmmomof7

Answer by wkfrmhmmomof7 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Aside from getting ahold of your worker maybe you should rock her to sleep. I'm not sure if she'll let you but it will probably put her at ease and distract her. If you make rocking her a part of her routine then gradually that should go away. Be patient.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:25 AM on Jun. 4, 2011