Inducing labor?

my doc said that he could induce my labor a week before i am due so my honey could be there, but is it safe? thoughts please

julymom71111

Asked by julymom71111 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i think it is, as long as you have a favorable cervix and a rock solid due date
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 11:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Inducing is safe, yes. Sometimes your body doesn't react to the induction and you could end up with a c-section.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i was enduced 2weeks early with my 1st and it was horrible!!! i was enduced b/c my blood pressure was sooo high but i think its safe your doc wouldnt do it if it wasnt..but my labor was very very painful and i would nvr choose to go threw that again with this baby this will be my 2nd..14hrs of labor total, and only like 5mins of pushing if that but you nver know what can happen with choooseing to be enduced. your body may simple not allow it and you could be rushed into an emergancy c section..im sry im not trying to freak you out thse are jst from my experiance and wat ive seen/been told by others..gl and best of wishes
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No it's not safe, induction is risky.
    And an unnecessary induction = unnecessary risks.
    We weigh risks when talking interventions.
    Is baby safer outside than in?

If you are interested in weighing the risks we can supply plenty of info or you can Google.

Did you discuss first considering your Bishop's Score, or which method?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yes its safe.
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Actually there are LOTS of risks to induction. DO YOUR RESEARCH! \

I was induced and it almost cost me my life! DO NOT LET THEM USE CYTOTEC!!!!

RESEARCH! RESEARCH! RESEARCH!

I would never, ever be induced again unless there is a very serious medical reason to do so!

Anonymous

• well if you have a choice don't do it i had no choice i had to get my baby out i was going over my due date and i had health problems and they induced me in the end i had to get a c section i had high blood pressure diabetes and my kidneys were going bad so i think maybe do your research things happen sometime i was one out of a lot that got affected bye it but if your healthy it is ok but why drug baby think about it
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i almost died because of it so plz think bought it ok research and my baby came out vary sleepy and it cause me alot of problems
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• squates help you dialte faster (ignore my spelling)
    Pink610

Answer by Pink610 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If your doctor suggested it then go for it. he knows what hes talking about more than people on CM
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2011