Iron Supplements and prenatals..

Anyone with iron deficiency that's on iron supplements along with prenatals? i just started my supplements today.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes are you also taking extra vitamin C with them? the best advice i can give you is to make sure you drink lots of water and get extra fiber in your diet. extra iron can make you more constapated.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I was with all three of my pregnancies. My last one I had to take the iron pills twice a day.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yeah i am. its normal though it happens a lot
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i have had to take it with all of my kids( 2 previous) and now this one. everybody's different. some people do have different reactions to it. they actually had to keep changing mine and finally just told me to take FLINSTONE vitamins w/ iron. now i am fine having no problems. just make sure you take them because i didnt with my first and ended up having to have a blood transfusion. i learned from that
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 4:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008