How many of you are looking for a new job?

Why?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am because I got laid off...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would like to go back to work because my government contract expired this week. However, we are PCSing in a few months so there is no point in getting a job until we move.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• well no I am not looking for a job I am better off with a career there is a difference. i think in this day and time a job is not whats going to keep your family secure but a career will so i focus more on my business and not a job.
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 11:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I will be next month. My husband got laid off and has decided to go back and finish his degree while he can collect unemployment. He only has one semester left of school. His unemployment is enough to pay the bills, but not enough for any extras. The reason I am waiting until next month is that my dad is dying and I need to be available to help with his care. I don't think a new employer will be willing to let me have a bunch of time off this month.
    Anonymous

• beauti_ful: Well unfortunately some of just only have jobs and I don't see anything wrong with that. Jobs pays bills, and put food on the table same as careers do. I would love to have a career but education is not free and I'm not trying to put another debt over my head. Right now in this economy having a job is as great as having a career.

Anon: Sorry about your father, and good luck with everything.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I am looking for a job because my substitute teaching job is over until school starts again and my husband's GI Bill will be running out soon.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i am... had about enough of deployments & leaving my kids!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011