When I know I have something going on the next day, I can't sleep the night before. Any help getting to sleep and staying asleep without medication?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• Deep breathing helps me. I get that way too. I breathe in clean and exhale the stress. Very deep breaths. They get me tired. Plus I focus on something that calms me down, autumn leaves blowing in a meadow. Don't know y I feel so relaxed when I think of myself under that tree.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Watch the History Channel, lol Works for me :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Benedryl. It works and won't hurt you. Very dark room with no tv or music also.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• will benedryl affect my sugar test tomorrow?
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Benedryl does contain sugar and alcohol, so if you have diabetes it could interfere with your levels.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I use Melatonin your body produces it but some times not enough you can do a google search on it I buy it from the drug store or health food store it works really well for me. But if you do take other meds prescribed by a doctor I would check with him first.

My son drinks a glass of milk before bed and others drink tea but I don't like the taste :-)

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 1:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Lavender vanilla sents are suppose to calm and relax you to help you sleep. Bath and body works has aromatherapy sents. One is sleep and I though it was b.s so I just got a tester at first but it help me and mu husband sleep. We both have insomnia.
    usmcangel21611

Answer by usmcangel21611 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2011