My son is going to be and older brother in sept. he can be a little butt sometime should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would say no. I was but I had my dd when ds was 3 and they were instant BFF's and still are 2 1/2 yrs later
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• LOL-- I'd say he's perfect to be a big brother!! Seriously, you don't have a thing to be worried about. Your kid sounds normal, and most kids have a love/hate relationship with their siblings.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• it depends on if he is jealous or not honestly....my moms boss's son was 3 when they had their daughter and he used to be like let me hug her and he would bite her and he was just mean to her but now she beats him up lol
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Sounds normal for his age - I'd not worry. start preparing him now for a sibling. Include in him the preparation process. My son was 27 months old when DD was born. He picked out the paint for her room (out of three choices we had narrowed it down to before hand.) He "helped" put together the crib. We took him to the store and let him pick out a special gift for his sister before she arrived. We also picked up a special gift FROM her to him and a stash of small toys to give him when someone brought or sent baby something but not big brother. When Meg was born, we made time for 1 on 1 activities with big brother. Today they are nearly 9 and 6 1/2. They can fight and get on each other's last nerve, but mostly they are the best of friends. They spend TONS of time just playing together and being buddies. They've been like that from the get go.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011