my baby is 6 months old and i have no problem getiing her to go to sleep but i cant get her to stay asleep....what should i do???

lisan279

Asked by lisan279 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you feeding her solids? If not, I would start doing that, because milk just isn't going to keep them full throughout the night (at least thats what worked for me)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with CarolynBarnett. I used to mix some infant oatmeal into their formula and cut a bigger hole on the end of the nipple to accommodate. A full baby sleeps longer.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with the previous posters. My son started sleeping through the night when he ate solids. The fuller the baby the longer they sleep!! Good luck! Oh FYI I give my little guy cream of wheat mixed with mushed banana before bed and he sleeps from 7pm to 7am without waking up once!!!
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 3:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• she is eating solids and plenty at that but she still wont stay down and she will scream for hours if someone does not oick her up
    lisan279

Answer by lisan279 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have the same problem! And I DO feed her solids, they don't help her sleep more. She falls asleep no problem but then wakes up after two or three hours, sometimes three times through the night. Worse than when she was a newborn :( I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has an answer, but know you're not alone in this! Not that it gets either of us any more sleep...
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• She could be teething. My son is teething and he wakes up a lot more then he used to.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2008