Beach themed party ideas??

ok so im throwing a birthday party for my 3 year old and my 2 year old this month...they want a beach themed party...i need some good creative ideas as of what to do...games to play...food to fix...how to decorate...everything pretty much..i havent really planned a birthday party before...thanks

lvmy3lilones

Asked by lvmy3lilones at 12:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Game idea: Give each child a straw and a small lightweight ball (a ping pong ball or something similar). Have them put the ball into a sandbox and blow it across using the straw. You could even make the balls look like beach balls.

Make cupcakes and put yellow food glitter on for sand, and blue food glitter on for water. Put a tiny drink umbrella on each one as decoration.

That's all I've got.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Whats the name of the game where everyone has to go under the stick that gets lower everytime? I wouldn't have them only bend backwards, but let them crawl under the stick any way they can get under!
    If you have a sandbox, you could have a sandcastle competition.
    You could buy some cheap sea shells and scatter them around the "beach area." Then let the children take one home.
    I would definitly use beach balls.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• "Whats the name of the game where everyone has to go under the stick that gets lower everytime?"

Limbo.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• well do you have a pool? can be just a small one for kids, put it in the sand box if you have one like the beach. party city prob has stuff but if not have yellow plaits and blue napkin's and stuff like that. iv seen some blow up palm trees like at walmart or something like that. put beach towels out for kids to set on and beach chairs for adults. that kind of stuff.

shumpysmom

Answer by shumpysmom at 8:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011