Thank you, military families!

I was at our local memorial day parade over the weekend. Our local veterans proudly stood atop one float after another while the crowds applauded. I stood at the side of the road and shouted, "THANK YOU!" And every one of them looked right back at me, straight in the eye, and said "you're welcome!". This brought tears to my eyes. I wished that each of their family members was standing right there, to get those thank yous from me and the rest of the crowd. I don't know what your life is like, but I can tell you that there is no end to my gratitude for the sacrifices you make on a daily basis. Just wanted to let you know.

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Holidays

• patriotic

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This literally brought tears to my eyes! My oldest son just turned 18 and is officially a Marine! I couldn't be a prouder mom
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 12:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My eldest is only 15... in ROTC and wants Air Force... all men in my family serve in one branch or another... and get along just fine! I would push him towards Navy, but only because of my Papa.... but let him find his own way
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thank-you! I'm retired Army and loved my career, now my son is in his 5th year in the Air Force. I appreciate that!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm a navy wife. Thank you!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• :) That was extremely appretiated! The men and women who serve are the ones who deserve all the credit! But it is nice to once and awhile hear that what we families deal with (my husband is active duty Navy) is hard also. It isn't an easy life but I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't be more proud of my husband for what he does for our country! It is the least we can do as families to stand behind and support them! And the same goes for all citizens of the US. To support the men and women in the service is to be a true patriot!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thank you im glad some people still appreciate what we do!!!!!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What a wonderful post. My son is 23 and in the Air Force Academy after serving several years in the regular Air Force. I am so very proud of him and all the brave young men and women who sacrifice so much for the good and protection of us all. God Bless them. Thanks for posting this.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 5:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This is very appreciated! MY dh is Army, numerous cousins and friends are in different branches of the military and sometimes it feels like people are ungrateful for all they do for our country!.

patriotic

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This is a GREAT POST !!
    I do THANK EACH & EVERYONE IN THE MILITARY ,BEEN IN THE MILITARY , & THEIR FAMILIES,from the bottom of my heart !
    because FREEDOM ISN'T FREE !! There really are no words that can express my heartfelt LOVE & THANK YOU , TO EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU !!
    wvblj

Answer by wvblj at 5:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011