Can u explain "you have nothing to be proud of..."

way back when I graduated the librarian was trying to get us to quite down and listen to instructions but we were being loud. Out of frustration and no a/c she said "you all have nothing to be proud of. You're class is the smallest in (school name) history". Now we all laughed at her and was like so we are here so it doesn't mean anything to us (lol).....do you think that was a put down or not?

My personal opinion....it is sad that was so small but I busted my butt to be a part of the small percentage to graduate (less than 50% of the orginal freshman class graduated).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• She was being an ass. But a lot of people say stupid thougtless things when they're tired/frustrated so don't be too hard on her.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• that you even remember it should answer the question all on its own...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I knew it was an insult...it didn't personally bother me but I knew it meant something about ALL of us. We always knew our school was the worst to go to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Reminds me of the time my son's art teacher told his class they were all going to end up in jail. I guess some one was having a bad day. People say things out of anger or frustration. I think She's the one that has nothing to be proud of!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2011