Serenity Lorene (Loraine is how its pronounced) & Johnathan Blaine.

both names are family based but I'm afraid the name Serenity will be made fun of (its a popular movie title also) I personally think the name is beautiful, but dont want my child made fun of either....help??

Marie141

Asked by Marie141 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• I love the name Serenity Lorene!! I think it is beautiful! All kids get made fun of, so if you kid only gets made fun of for their name they are lucky lol. I dont really like the name Johnathan but that is only because a kid I grew up with had the name and he was a total jerk/perv!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I love the name Serenity. I'd urge you to go with it. Movies and such pass quickly, just fads, but her name will be forever. We named our son Tycho and I was a bit nervous he'd be teased for having an unusual name, but now he's in school and nearly all the kids have strange names. The Matthews, Marys, and Jessica's seem to be the minority now!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• normal names do seem to be over rated now days lol but thank you guys and anon i know the feeling i have a guy that i had to delete from my friend list because he was such a perv and his name is jonathan...uh oh i hope its not a thing for boys named jonathan to be a perv...but than again im spelling it differently...
    Marie141

Comment by Marie141 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My niece is a Serenity. I see nothing wrong with the name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thank you
    Marie141

Comment by Marie141 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• both names are nice
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Both names are great. You have nothing to worry about!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 3:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I am not a big fan of Serenity, but I don't see why she would get made fun of for it. I will say that when I look at Lorene, I don't pronounce it the same way as Loraine. So you might have to correct people when they say it.

I love Johnathan Blaine. It's a great name, Blaine is one of my favorite boy names!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think Serenity would have to grow on me but I think it could. It is a beautiful word...and I too do not like the name Jonathan b/c all the "Jonh's" I know are jerks/pervs! Blaine is a neat name though!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 5:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• hehe its in the name than lol baby did finally show us it is a little girl
    Marie141

Comment by Marie141 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2011