HCG Diet?

So I had never heard of this before about a month ago and have heard about 5 people mention it. Seems they swear by it but when I searh online, all the places to buy seem like a scam and the other sites say it's not safe. I'm not sure what to believe. Someone tell me more about this and where you can buy the drops and about how much they cost. Thanks!

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 1:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Lornamay...yeah works until a few years down the road she finds out she now has a serious heart condition from starving her body over losing weight! It may work quicker than eating a healthy diet and exercise but it CAN kill you eventually.....500 calories a day is not healthy and damages your organs and you don't just lose weight, you lose MUSCLE mass as well!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's definitely a scam. If you know ANYTHING about nutrition, you'd run far and fast from this one. It really is DANGEROUS. Any diet that limits your food intake to 500-800 calories a day should definitely be avoided. It's just another fad diet that doesn't teach you any lifelong habits or contribute to good health, thus will result in regaining any weight you DO lose.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My friend is on it and says it works. But any diet with extreme calorie restrictions will make a person lose weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes I agree with the other poster on this one Stay away it is very bad for you I know people who have done it and its not good. If you are serious about losing weight you will have to make a big change in your life style and eating habits or your just going to put the weight back on. If your looking for a healthy way to lose weight get a hold of me I can help you with that, and if you would like I can put you in contact with someone who did the HCG diet it is not safe!!

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 1:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The drops crack me up. They are super expensive,and get this ! You can only eat 500 calories a day !!! Um,hello ! You can put five drops of WATER under your tung and if you only eat 500 calories,of course you are going to loose weight ! My darling cousin went on this diet,and she DID loose weight...but like I said..... 500 calories a day....... you are bound to get thinner.
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Regardless of how safe or healthy it is, it really does work. My MIL is less than half the woman she used to be because of the diet, and she's in her 60's and struggled with her weight her whole life. Her husband did it for 1 month and lost the weight he gained when he quit smoking, and one of my best friends older sisters started it and everyone says she's lost massive amounts of weight.
    And, my MIL has been off the diet since Jan/Feb when she broke her leg and hasn't gained any of the wieght back.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2011