I'm worried about how this is going to affect....

my relationship with my boyfriend. We are sooo head over heels for each other. We finish each other's sentences, we have the same exact sense of humor, we have so much fun together. I'm afraid that having this baby is going to separate us. I really want to put a lot of love into my child, but I want to make sure that my boyfriend and I remain deeply in love.
I guess my question is..is there anyone out there who has been able to do this within their family? You always hear about how it changes the relationship, etc. I hope it's not true for everyone...

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Things DO change. The severity of the change depends on you guys, I am not going to lie. After the baby, your relationship is going to take work. Something that helped (and really saved I think) our relationship was making a date night once a week.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• it all depends on how you make it. at first sometimes I wantred to rings dh's neck after we had littlebug, and sometimes I still get aggrivated with him b/c you feel like you are doing everything, but you have to take it in stride, when you are upset, talk about things, ask for help when you need it, don't expect him to just know you need help. talk talk talk, don't keep things in. talk, don't yell, try not to use an angry tone b/c he will think you are mad at him and can open a can of worms. And also, baby will bring you closer also. there is so so much love there when you look into little one's eyes. i see it when I see my hubby look at our daughter, she lvoes her soo much.
    how is bf taking the preggo thing? is he getting better?
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• it will change your relationship, definatly... but, if your as in love as you say then it should change it for the better. now you get to start a family, start your lives together :) there will be stressful times, but, it is only heathy and natural... dont think its the end of the world if your not getting along every second or if he starts to feel a little jealous... it takes time to get used to a new baby, and a baby needs all or most of your time... you seem like you have a strong relationship and should be just fine! dont worry about a thing!! :) if anything it should bring ya closer, if thats possible :)
    MamaMakinMoney

Answer by MamaMakinMoney at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• i wont lie it changes your life and your relationship its no longer about the two of you its about your baby but one thing that helps to make sure you keep the line of comunication open and your taking time to spend with just each other. its importent to have a date night with each other to get away from baby just for a bit so you can focuse on each other.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Of course things change everything does your having a baby. But me and my husband are still deeply in love and we have 5 young boys and we are 25 ourselves, we love all of them and most of all we are still deeply in love but also with our boys.

PM me if you want anymore help.xx
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband and I were in the same love zone as you. When we found out we were having a baby things were exciting but then my hormones changed and I got really crabby and felt unloved and blah blah blah..it really scared him off how cranky and moody I was. Things are better now and he just didn't realize how I was being affected and thought I changed. Try your hardest to not let your hormones interfere and let him know you will be going through things like that. POintless moodiness. Good Luck
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 5:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008