How would you feel if...

Your husband or SO said you haven't earned his unconditional love?

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 1:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldnt worry about it much. I think between spouses their is not "unconditional love" Their is ALWAYS something one or the other can do to make one fall out of love with the other. The true def. of unconditional love is the love a mother has for her children.
    Nathonsmama

Answer by Nathonsmama at 10:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I would first seriously look at how I have treated him. If and only if I had given him and our relationship everything I humanly could I would tell him to shove it and leave. If I thought there was room for me to do more I would honestly ask him what more he would like see from me. I would be open to listening to what he has to say.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would probably tell him, "then fine, you haven't earned mine!"

Unconditional love isn't earned, its given. Wow, that would truly piss me off! You shouldn't have to "earn" love.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Like hitting him over the head with a brick???
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 4:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It would be fine, I don't have unconditional love for him. The only people that have that are my children.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think that would hurt. Through all of our ten years of marriage, my dh has always maintained how much he loves me and it's a constant thing, I don't know if I could live with that!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would be heartbroken :(
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I can and only will speak for myself.

I do not believe there is a such thing as unconditional love, especially between spouses. So my husband saying that would not matter to me one way or the other.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Phew...that would hurt. I would sit down and talk with him eye to eye and figure things out with him. There is probably something bothering him and he's just taking things out on you...Don't sweat it too bad.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011