Silent Treatment

Has your husband or SO ever given you the silent treatment after an argument? If so, how long does it last and how do you deal?

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 1:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, for a few hours. Sometimes being alone, and silent is the best thing for both of you after an argument. Just don't let the sun go down on your anger. Always make up.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Just wanted to say if you never argue, something ain't right. lol

Anyway no, he doesn't give me the silent treatment, he's not that way.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• lol my high school boyfriend did..... the thing that makes me the most man is my son's father who is so childish he hangs up on me, who does that besides a 15 year old boy?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Oh my gosh ! My husband used to do this !!!! The most anoying thing in the world. THANK GOD ,he stopped. I honestly have no clue why he did. I hink if he knew how much it bugged me,he might have kept doing it. Anyhoo.... I pretended like everything was normal. My husband is a talker,so maybe he figured it was hurting him,more than me?
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm usually the one to give the silent treatment, only because I don't like screaming and yelling, and if I feel like doing that, I'd rather not say a damn word. I tell him to leave me alone and let me cool off...and he doesn't like to listen to that, and he pisses me off even more till I do end up exploding and yelling at him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We've never given each other the silent treatment, but we never argue.
    I have given ex boyfriends the silent treatment though lol
    lakens_mommy

Answer by lakens_mommy at 4:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes! We are both horrible about that! We have gone for days without talking. It's gotten way better but in the past it was just like your situation. As soon as one of us says sorry (usually me cuz I get sick of it) the other one says sorry and it's done. I hate that though, try to nip it in the bud because it can destroy your relationship!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• my ex use to do this too and i have to say i enjoyed it. he wanted to be a baby and give me the silent treatment that's fine. i enjoyed every minute his pie hole wasn't open. LOL
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No. Neither my husband or I use the " silent treatment" as a means to deal with issues/problems in our marriage. We both view the "silent treatment" as being immature, passive aggressive and counter productive.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Nope, that's my job lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011