At what age is belly button piercing ok?

Is there an age under 18 that is appropriate for piercing anything other then ears?

1northwestmom

Asked by 1northwestmom at 1:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't believe so, my opinion is if they want to get it done they can wait until they turn 18 and do it without parental consent.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, whenever the parent and the child decides it is fine. What works for one family may not work for another.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• To me piercings are not a big deal, within reason. If my kid came to me and really wanted a piercing I would consider it, but the kid had better have a pretty good reason for it. I could be okay with one or two, but not really more than that. Also I would not want them to do any earlobe stretching or piercings of the genitals or nipples. Anything else with a good reason, would be up for consideration.

The way I look at it is, that a piercing is easily taken out and forgotten and tattoos are forever. I would much rather them get a piercing. I had two piercings when I was younger, you would never know by looking at me now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My daughter can get a piercing if she wants, like the nose or ears, but nothing where she'd need to show extra skin in order for people to see it. I do not want to encourage her by giving her a belly button. Teens want to dress too much like an adult these days anyway!

I do not care what other people do in their household, but in this one that's what I choose. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Personally, once they are 18 and can sign for and pay for it on their own and have graduated from high school. That's our house rules for any piercing beyond the one in each earlobe because of the school dress code.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I had my belly pierced at 16 and tongue pierced at 17. (I snuck and did it with out my mother knowing) It was just a phase and both have been closed for over 7 years. Anyway for my daughters the age will be 18. No extra piercings or tattoos until then, and I hope they won't want either.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 1:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• my parents rule was no tats or piercings as long as i lived under there roof! i got my tongue pierced on my 18 bday and hit it from my mom for a few months when she saw it forthe first time i thought she was going to rip it out, igot my belly pierced when i was 18 but it was after i moved out n i have6 tattoos that i got after i moved out well i got 1 right before i left for the army like a week before i moved out!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Id say Ill do it for my girls on their 16th birthday. But no car (ha ha). Its either a car, a quince or a belly button, lip ring, small tat (easily hide-able) etc. But i think theyre gonna pick the Quince lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 5:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• 16 would be Ok but still with parent permission.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011