Anyone have t get lap surgery for endometriosis?

Has anyone had to go through laposcopic surgery for endonetriosis? I found out last week after having to go to the hospital for severe pelvic pain, that endometiosis runs in my family. And the pain and symptoms I have had for 6 years are the same as my cousions who lost her ovary from a cyst on it from untreated endometriosis. I want to get tested for it because if this is why I've been in pain for so long it would be nice to hopefully get some relif and hopefully increase my chances for getting pregnant since I've been having difficulty. I know every case is diffrent so I'm not thinking the worst possible. But I was hoping if anyone has gone through this they would be willi g to share their story. Anything you can offer would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

usmcangel21611

Asked by usmcangel21611 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• I went into the hospital when I was 18 for severe pelvic pain and they told me I would need surgery right away for endo. Within a few hours I was in and out of sugery and the healing process was not bad. However after the surgery I wanted to get pregnant and it took me ans so about 8 months to get pregnant. When you have the surgery it causing alot of scar tissue and that can make it even harder to concieve than before you had the surgey. I am now 25 and still live with the pain of endo every day. It is not something that will make the endo go away for ever, it only last a little while. I got preg about 8 months after surgey, had my daughter when I was 20 and as soon as I started getting my period again after she was born the pain from the endo was back. So I used to take a lot of lortab but have been out for a while so now I just take ibuprofen and use a heat pad whenever it gets really bad. It usually only gets to the point
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 2:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• that I can't walk the day before I start my period, the day that I start and the next day after. I have pretty much just learned to deal with it at this point.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 2:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My doctor, too, said it was harder to get pregnant after the surgery. Because I had difficulty getting pregnant with my first, I decided to wait. To help ease the symptoms, I take birth control constant for 6 months and take a week off. Obviously when I am ready to get pregnant, I will have to stop.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I've read in some cases they tell girls they have to get the surgery every 2-3 years til they get a hystorectomy or his medopause since there is no cure. I have t wait 2 weeks before I can go back to the doctor since that's when my husband will be home but after having the pain for 6 years I'm kinda used to hurting so bad I'm in a ball just laying there. Thank you for sharing what you went through.
    usmcangel21611

Comment by usmcangel21611 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Another option that my doctor mentioned and I can't remember the name of it, but it's a procedure they intentionally scar the cervix to reduce endo symptoms. But you can not have kids after the procedure. My friend had it done and she hasn't had a period since and it's been years.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ill have to find out about that. I told my husband I want to try to have two kids then I'm done and I don't want to live on pills to try to help control the pain and growths.
    usmcangel21611

Comment by usmcangel21611 (original poster) at 2:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This all sounds pretty severe. I posted a similar question on the TTC board, and a lot of women get pregnant right after the surgery. I guess it depends on how severe the endo is
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I read a lot like that on a board on babycenter, some women saying they had stage 4 and conceivwd 4-7 weeks after surgery. I'm trying to get a better idea on all this so I know more about results people got incase I do have to go through it. I don't want to go into thia blid so to say lol. Or go in with high hopes when not all cases end that way.
    usmcangel21611

Comment by usmcangel21611 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2011