• In the Spotlight:

Would you work from home if you could? Is working outside the home better for you?

I want to know how other mom's are doing it. I may be crazy but I have yet to leave my 1 year old any time since he was born. I can't bear to leave, I was the same with my 14 & 11 year olds until they were two. What do other mom's do.

Sincerely, work from home 1northwestmom

1northwestmom

Asked by 1northwestmom at 2:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wish I could find something worthwhile to make money from home.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 6:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That is a great question to ask. :0) I took the allowed 3 months off with my first two kids. Then when my husband and I were doubly blessed with twins two years ago it didn't make sense to pay so much in daycare! I really stressed then, because I didn't know how I was going to be able to keep working and couldn't afford not to work for long. Seems to me like we've always managed to have enough and found ways to cut back and buy what was necessary. All I can say is that I feel blessed to have my kids and wouldn't trade them for the world :0) It has been life changing for me and presented me with opportunities I would have never seen otherwise.

Work for yourself....not by yourself. Learn how at http://www.internetceomoms.com/tools4mom
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 2:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i would prefer work from home, my home is my sanctuary and i wouldn't mind make money without leaving my bat cave. co-workers could be a bit grumpy.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have a job outsideof the home I work one day a week, but, I can bring them to work with me. I, personally, can't afford daycare, and can't find people to watch my kids, so I HAVE to be a stay at home mom, but I do direct sales, so I am making money from home!
    babygrlsmommy

Answer by babygrlsmommy at 4:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I work at home, but I might as well work in the office. My kids still have to go to daycare (until they are old enough not to interrupt me all day) But I do love it, I get loads of work done, I don't have to get dress, I save on gas money. Next year it will be very beneficial, b/c I would have trouble making sure he got on and off the school bus, and I will be home when he gets on the bus, and hopefully done working by the time he gets off. But it is what works for us
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• When my older 2 were little I did work outside the home part-time. Then when #2 was 6 mo old I quit my job to be a SAHM, as my hubs was working a lot of overtime and his overtime pay alone was more than my salary. Well, not long after I quit my job, my hubs boss told them no more overtime. So then I had to look for a job..... I did find one months later working part-time nights, Which was ok as hubs was able to be home with the kids and we did not have to pay a daycare. I did that for 4 months and then got hired in where I work now. I work for a local company and I key their data out of my house. I have been doing this for 11 1/2 yrs now and I LOVE it!! I am able to be home, and can work my hours around the kids/family, and I have $$ coming in.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I do best NOT working at home, because there are too many people here!

I love the flexibility of hours, dress, etc, but since my husband is home in the day I usually take my work to Panera or the library to use the free internet (and unlimited coffee refills at Panera). I get more done in a shorter amount of time.

When I need to, I work at home while the kids are asleep at night, but that's not my preferred way to do it.

I do this for both my paid jobs, and church/organization obligations.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I work from home and I love it!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011