• In the Spotlight:

What's your weight loss secret?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 2:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Water water and more water. That is one of the best ways to lose weight. I started a group not too long ago for people who want to lose weight, you can check it out if you would like. I have it posted in my jounals on my profile if you are interested.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 2:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Water equal to half your body weight, but in ounces. 160 pounds=80 ounces of water. Eat raw, eat raw, you will shed weight like you won't imagine all well clearing your skin & cleaning you system. If you maintain raw diet/lifestyle you will lose years on your face & body, you look noticeably younger, be truly healthier and have less chance of any disease of malfunction of your body. Do it you will no regret it. If you desire there is an old Chinese remedy...water fast! Very effective but must follow process to do it with out harm. Contact me if you can't find this kind of info.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 2:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Eating clean! It's AMAZING! Together with running, I've lost over 60 lbs so far!

Here's a link with eating clean basics.

Here's more info that I typed out awhile ago.  I found myself giving the same advice over and over again.

Good luck!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My weight loss is not a secret: I'd rather be hungry than fat. Once you're in that mind-set, it's easy (I have 6 kids, am 110lbs and 5 ft 4).
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My weight loss secret is DON'T over eat. Just use common sense. If you have a burger, make it your once-a-week thing. Do not eat out every day. Don't drink 5 soda's in a day. Stay hydrated with water. Instead of cookies eat an apple.

Very, very simple things that most people do not do.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• spring cleaning makes me drop pounds like crazy, i go clean crazy, (i'm already a neat freak) whenever i hit a plateau. i'm almost to where i want to be! and exercise daily, and sweets pulls you back more than you imagine, just cut them off, sweets and fast food!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• For me, it was eliminating carbs. The weight melted off, I have tons of energy, I feel and sleep better, and I am rarely hungry. I've been doing this for 12 years and it beat doing low-fat or trying to burn off more calories than I consumed or eating "healthy" as defined by the food pyramid ... all those methods left me heavier and unhealthier than when I started. It wasn't until I discovered through nutritional typing what was best for me and there's been no looking back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Diet and exercise... not really a secret though.
    My secret to sticking to it is switching out unhealthy foods for more nutritious less calorie filled ones. So instead of a bag of chips (150 calories an ounce) I'll have an apple that's 15 calories an ounce.

If you can stay full, at least most of the time, I think you're more likely to stick to the diet.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Lots of veggies (about 1/2 of what I eat, and mainly raw), lots of veggies (about 1/4 of what I eat), and the rest in whole grains, lean meats or low fat dairy...I don't count calories, and I exercise daily--not by anything like running or whatnot, but by being active throughout the day, and then 2-3 times a week I do TRX, yoga, zumba, etc.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• What has worked for me is: Lots and lots of Zumba, drinking lots of water and eating healthy. Plus, staying very active when I am not in a exercise class.
    MyGirlParadise

Answer by MyGirlParadise at 1:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2011