Do you talk to your pets?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 2:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pets

• of course i do they our like my kids :)
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 2:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thats interesting marybeth! All this time I thought my cat just understood the sound of food in her bowl!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I talk to them all the time. I'm Mommy my DH is Daddy and so on..... but it reminds me of a cartoon, i think it was the Far Side.
    there was a picture of a man talking to his dog, then one of him talking to his cat, said,"What dogs hear" "Ginger, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......." What cats hear, "ginger, " (it was blank, probably had to see it)
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Of Course i do! i talk to her probably more than i talk to anyone! LOL:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I do, I talk to them like they can understand me. I think the only words my animals know are Treat and outside!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes. My son's behaviorist said that dogs understand 500 words and cats can understand 100 words.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, I was surprised when she told me that. I came about because I told my son the cat didn't understand him. She corrected me. She just recently told me so I've been trying to figure out the words they can understand. I know mine knows the word hungry. I ask him if he's hungry and he starts meowing like crazy and runs to the kitchen. He knows his name as when I call his name he comes. I haven't figured out much past that though. Still investigating it.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, I talk to my dogs like their people and i know they can understand me.
    roxy27

Answer by roxy27 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• So maybe my cat understands me she just choses to ignore me!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i do they become closer to you. they do understand . especially tone of voice and body language when u speak to them they have abetter uderstanding fr their owner plus i think it makes them smarter even thoght they cant respond back but they pay very close attention to us more than ya think.my dog hates the word no! ever since he was pup cuz he knows the word no is assosiated with he cant have his way so he used to back talk and bark back and make lil grunting noises so i had to start using the word stop instead. but he knows when i talk to him when im happ sad or mad at him cuz they listen to tone of voice and body language. they are able to be more affectionate with others
    Jesscuh87

Answer by Jesscuh87 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2011